As unfortunate as it may be, most people judge a book by its cover. It is quite often that people judge another person in regards to their appearance and sense of style.
For most women, makeup allows them to make minor changes to their appearance. It is a fun activity that boosts self-esteem and confidence. People have different styles and can be seen from their wardrobe choices to the type of hairstyle they wear. Another beauty component that talks more about your style is the choice of lip colour.
Over the years, people have used Lakme lipstick to portray their personality and improve physical appearance. Depending on your choice, lipstick gives you a unique look and is a trademark to many.
In this article, we are going to give you a few tips to find the perfect Lakme lipstick that complements all your outfits.
- Determine your skin tone
Before ordering quality Lakme lipstick online in India, it is imperative to know your skin tone. To do this, examine your skin on a mirror, preferably outside under natural lighting. As you examine your skin, pay more attention to areas that are less likely to be affected by the sun’s damaging ultra-violet rays.
One such area is the jawline.
Once you are done examining, determine your skin tone using the below criteria:
- Light skin tone – Refers to skin that looks pale and prone to sunburns. Some people with light skin have freckles.
- Medium skin tone – Refers to skin that does not easily burn with the sun’s exposure and one that tans easily.
- Dark skin tone – Refers to skin that rarely or never burns when exposed to the sun. What’s more, this skin type is dark or tan all year round.
- What are your undertones?
Everyone’s skin has an undertone and knowing it is essential if you are looking to find the perfect shade of Lakme lipstick for your complexion.
To determine your undertone, take a look at how your veins appear underneath your arms.If they appear to be blue, your skin tone is cool with pink undertones. If they are green, you have a warm skin tone with yellow undertones. If you happen to have both blue and green coloured veins, you are among the lucky few with neutral undertones, who will look dashing with every shade of Lakme lipstick.
- Choose the right shade
Once you have determined your skin tone and undertone, the next step is to choose a signature Lakme lip colour.
- If you are light cool, shades of cool-toned pinks give a subtle look. Brighter shades with cool tones of red give a bolder look
- Light warm individuals look dashing in warm neutrals and coral-pink shades. For a more dramatic look, warm shades of red and wine do the trick.
- For the medium cool tone, cool-toned reds, shades of vibrant pink, and nudes really pop.
- Medium warm skin tones look better wearing warm-toned nudes. Also, the same warm tones of red and orange sparkle on their skin.
- If you have a dark cool complexion, stick to rock plums and cool shades of red.
- Dark warm skin tones will look fabulous with warm shades of red, wine, and oranges