If you are planning to harvest and breed the crabs, you must know how to catch them. The crabs are aquatic species that live in the coastal waters. The crabs have high flesh content, and it is quite tasty to make dishes of crab meat. However, catching these species is not easy as if you are not efficient in finding them, they will either bite you with their legs, or they will jump in the water. So, the best way is to use the right tools to catch these cephalopods. There are various professionals follow to find these species from water. Let’s go through the post below to know more-
1. You can place the crab nets or the pots near to the seaweed grass. You should know that the crabs generally find shelter and protection near the seaweed grass. So, if you want to find the crabs all together, you must put the pots or the nets near the vegetation area. When you are putting the nets, make sure that later you can easily locate them. One of the biggest problems is that these pots and nets get easily vanished.
2. You can also use the aniseed oil in the bait. It is one of the strongest chemicals for attracting crabs. Though this chemical is banned in various nations, it is one of the useful items that are used to capture the crabs. You should avoid the strong smell by just adding 1-2 drops on the bait so that you can catch the crabs. If you want to catch many crabs, you should buy the crab pot rope that helps in keeping the pot in the fixed position.
3. For the bait, you can use the items that have a strong smell as like the old fish or the meat. The reason behind doing this is that the crabs are generally the scavengers and they love to eat the rotting food. The main source of food is dead fish and the items that lie at the bottom of the sea floor. Hence, if you use the old fish or the rotten meat as the bait, it will help in gathering more crabs.
4. If you want to catch lots of crabs one at a time, one of the best ways is to buy a large net. You can buy the biggest crab nets from the local markets that sell this type of item, or you can try the online sites that provide these products at an affordable rate.
5. Always try to put the crab pot or the net deep below the water level. You can locate the crabs with the help of the radar. Using the crab pot rope, you can place the net on the sea bottom. This is important as the biggest, and the tastiest crabs are located at the bottom.
So, if you are planning to catch the crabs, you can follow these 5 important rules for more number of species in a crab net.